Wednesday 9 May 2012

A Grumpy Post

I'm back from a lovely, if wet, holiday in Wales. Unfortunately I managed to pick up yet another cold and this time it's gone to my chest. So now I'm feeling grotty, miserable and, yes, grumpy. Therefore, while I'm in the mood, I'd like to take the opportunity to get something off my chest. Possibly not the best expression to use, given the chest infection, but here goes...

Why is it that when I tell people I work from home, they always take that to mean swanning around, doing nothing? I've been inundated with calls this week from friends, all starting with, "As you're free, I wondered if you could help with..." In each case I wanted to point out that I wasn't free, I was in fact trying to work, in between hacking fits of coughing, but I just don't seem to be able to do it. As a result I've got all sorts of niggling little jobs to do for people when I'm desperate to get down to work.

Knowing how to say 'no' is a useful skill, and one I don't have. Just call me 'Doormat' *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment