Friday 29 June 2012

Letting go

I've been having trouble planning my new novel. It's not that I've had difficulty coming up with characters or plot ideas. My problem is letting go of my previous hero and heroine. They've been with me a long time. I know what makes them tick, their hopes and dreams. I can even feel the rasp of my hero's stubble against my face (I've imagined that a lot!) So how can I cast them aside and move on to another couple?

When I first started to learn about writing romances, I kept hearing about how you're supposed to fall in love with your hero. But I can't find any advice on how to fall out of love with him once his story's over. In my opinion, that's a major oversight. What I need right now is a book called How To Dump Your Hero. I'll have to make inquiries at my local library.

In the meantime, I'm just going to have to get over my ridiculous hang-ups about monogamy and search for my inner floozie.


4 comments:

  1. LOL!! Good luck dumping yor hero and planning your next book! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lacey! I'm going to search the internet for inspiration later :)

      Delete
  2. Your hero sounds fab! And excellent that he is so real to you - wish my current one would be a bit more three dimensional like that for me! Loads of luck getting stuck into the new project. :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Charlotte. And good luck with yours. Have you had feedback on your story proposals yet?

      Delete