Friday 17 February 2012

Milestone reached

I'm feeling very proud of myself today. I'd set a target of having my continuity/gap-filler edit finished by the end of the week, and I finished it today with two days to spare. Go me!

So now I have the story set out how I want it, with conflicts that evolve and are resolved in a logical sequence. Next I need to work on making each scene come alive on the page. I get the feeling that that's going to be the toughest task yet!

I'm going to stick my neck out now - I would very much like to get to the point where I can send off a partial (first three chapters plus synopsis) by Easter. I don't know if that's a realistic aim yet, but I should know by the end of next week, once I've read the whole thing through in one go - something I haven't done in a while. I'll have a better idea of the magnitude of my task when that's done. Listen out for the wailing and gnashing of teeth...

Tomorrow's my birthday, so I'm taking the weekend off. Then it's back to it on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment