Friday 12 April 2013

Plan of action

I know I've neglected my blog recently, but I've been waiting to hear back on my submission to Mills & Boon. Well, yesterday afternoon my long wait came to an end with a standard rejection email. By this stage that's what I'd been expecting, but it was still a disappointment. I'm going to cheer myself up by treating myself to a new book this weekend. All suggestions gratefully received!

However, I also feel relieved. I've been in limbo for months, but now I'm free to move on. My plan of action is as follows:
  • read through and edit my MS one last time
  • send it for feedback from the RNA New Writers' Scheme
  • act on feedback to improve and identify other potential publishers
  • all the while, keep going with my current WIP
I've also been doing a proofreading course - another reason why I've been so quiet recently. I've been really enjoying it - finding other people's mistakes is much more fun than finding my own! It's also been interesting to learn about the whole publishing process. If I do ever get a book published I'll be more prepared. I'm currently working on the final assignment and hope to get it submitted before the end of next week.

Time to get working!

2 comments:

  1. Hugs on the R, they're always disappointing, but they are kind of a rite of passage and your plan of action sounds great. There are lots of new calls for submission out there, so definitely think about subbing elsewhere once you've got that feedback.

    What you must not do is give up! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm definitely not giving up. I'm wearing my R as a badge of honour!

      Congratulations on the release of The Proposal Plan btw. I'm off to preorder it on Amazon :-)

      Delete