Thursday 15 November 2012

Progress report

It's the halfway point of November and I'm proud to report that my word count for the month so far is 25,306. Yay! I was only hoping to do 30,000, but now I'm wondering whether I shouldn't just go for broke and aim for the full NaNoWriMo target of 50,000. Something tells me I'm going to hate myself when I start editing though. I'm writing some appalling crap just in order to move past a sticky patch and keep my word rate up.

I saw on Twitter that Harlequin UK are asking NaNo writers to send them their books at the end. What? Let an editor read my raw 1st draft? I'd have to be very drunk before I sent in that for their consideration!

2 comments:

  1. 25k is fantastic! Well done!! I would keep going if you've got that momentum, you might surprise yourself when you give it a readthrough. If writing through the sticky patch means you have a patch of appalling crap - who cares? You can cut it and change it later and it will have got you through the block.

    Look forward to hearing how it goes. :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hit 27k today, so I think I'm going to go for the full 50k. And it's definitely better to have pages of rubbish than nothing at all :-)

      Delete